Quick, nutritious and full of sustenance. There is no excuse for skipping breakfast when it’s this easy to stay on track. Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
Blend in a smoothie, make brownies, cakes, ice cream, energy protein balls or simply just sip it as a tea.
Matcha is a high-quality green tea that is covered before picking to accentuate the color, then stone-ground after being picked and before being sealed into small tins. In Japan it is a very important part of the tea ceremony. Here in the West we drink it because we like the taste, ritual and for all it’s health benefits. The taste is strong and vegetal – I would say spinachy or grassy. This will also of course depend on the quality and source that you use.
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
vanilla matcha smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk
- protein powder ( Optional but good choice if you are using as a pre-workout, I used hemp)
- handful Dark Leafy Green of choice ( I used combo of Kale/Spinach )
- handful of mint
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla bean (if you have on hand) – a tiny scrape from about 1-inch of the pod
- 1-2 tsp of high quality Matcha
- Raw Honey (optional)
- Garnish with raspberries, coconut and hemp seeds
- Blend ingredients together in blender. Drink immediately. Adjust proportions to taste.
- Makes about 2 servings