Happiness and love is a long, hot bath…
Valentine’s day is rapidly approaching and love is already in the air. It can actually be an uncomfortable day even for couples because of unrealistic expectations. I’ve always chosen a more intimate way to celebrate this day whether single or in a relationship.
Sinking into a warm bath is one of my delicious pleasures. You can’t get more intimate then a bath plus it’s the perfect beauty antidote to take out the winter chill and daily stress. You can turn a simple bath into a magical healing experience with the right aromatic bath recipe. It can soothe an aching heart, aching muscles, awaken desires and cleanse and ease the body from anxiety. So set aside time for a hot, steamy tub session for two or one because with our without a partner a sensual bath is a beautiful enjoyment.
While most people associate aromatherapy with general relaxation and a greater overall well-being, there are essential oils that are used specifically for romance and sexuality. I believe there’s no better way to use them than in a sensual bath! Creating a sensual bath is a great way to increase intimacy and build excitement. When you throw the right essential oil blend into a bath you’ll wind up with an unforgettable evening!
*You can also use therapeutic rubs and luxurious scrubs and oils to get silky soft and wonderously uninhibited.
Pleasure Beauty Bath Recipe:
WARNING: The following essential oils provoke feelings of pleasure, sensuality and erotic moods and help to open the body and release inhibitions. With this in mind the essential oil blend contain aphrodisiac properties, but I chose oils known to help both partners or even alone relax, while heightening awareness and receptiveness to sexual enjoyment and pleasure.
Why Not? Epsom salt is rich in both magnesium and sulfate. It is highly effective in aiding and supporting the body in detoxing physically and emotionally. Magnesium and sulfate are both easily absorbed through the skin. It can be incredibly useful for energetic/emotional cleansing and in particular, aid in the elimination of waste material from the skin and reduce muscular aches and pains by eliminating uric acid build-up.
- Clary Sage– If you are a female and taking a solo bath this oil is a must. ( this is a wonderful oil for feminine balancing) euphoric and aphrodisiac, a central nervous system relaxant. It’s anti-depressant. Aids in PMS related upsets.
- Red Mandarin– Uplifting, exotic, sensual, aids in reproduction system for men and women.
- Patchouli– Exotic and erotic. Very soulful. Helps to mellow you out and ground.
- Ylang Ylang– sweet exotic, sensual, alluring, brings back flow of life and vitality, enhances connection, aphrodisiac, puts you in a euphoric mood , also aids with male impotence.
- Sandalwood– Creates an exotic, sensual mood with a reputation as an aphrodisiac. (Indian sandalwood is my choice)
How To Prepare A Bath:
- The desired temperature of the water should come first and the essential oils should be added once you are in the bath. Then add the Epsom salts. The number of drops to place into the bath depend upon the oils being utilized. Each oils has a different blending factor (measure of potency and strength) and note (theory adopted by the perfume industry).
- Relax with the ultimate aphrodisiac; a sensual aromatherapy massage. This is where the almond oil can come in handy. Caress each other or yourself and relax the body and release inhibitions.
- Rev up your circulation and stimulate your sensory receptors and enjoy the magical and wonderful benefits.
- Using candlelight, relaxing music and adult toys can add to the relaxing and euphoric atmosphere. Let go of all the stress, tension and enjoy the good vibrations.