This mornings beauty cocktail is a powerful, energizing and slimming drink using fresh squeezed grapefruit, blood orange, ginger root and apple cider vinegar and Alkaline water. The ACV helps you break down fat, mucous and phlegm deposits in the body, thereby improving the health of your body’s vital organs. Just think of it as the original “cleanse.” It improves digestion and helps your body break down rich, fatty and greasy food for proper metabolizing.
The grapefruit and blood oranges natural citrus fruits are high in vitamin C and have anti-viral, anti- inflammatory properties. Grapefruits aid in weight loss and help to suppress hunger, and metabolize blood sugar so that it is less likely to be stored as fat.
Ginger Root is a spice with many benefits and aiding in weight loss is one of them! It improves the metabolism and serves as a digestive aid while enhancing satiety. It’s a thermogenic agent that can help burn fat. By increasing the rate of metabolism, ginger can help burn off some of the fat stored up in the body. This not only translates to weight loss but can also help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels as the body burns all the fat it is provided.
By taking this drink in the morning and evening before a meal you can deter the growth of unwanted bacteria in the digestive tract, thereby improving digestion (and bowel irregularity)and promoting weight loss (and clear skin) and get that summer body ready!
**Now, every season deserves a different drink! However, this one can be slightly tweaked for in season produce but it’s a good one all year round!
Slim & Trim Beauty Cocktail
- 1 lg grapefruit- (fresh squeezed)
- 1 lg blood orange (fresh squeezed) or Orange if BO not available.
- knob of ginger root (juice)
- 2 tsp (ACV) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Alkaline Water
- A squeeze of lemon (optional)
With Summer around the corner. The vibes are all about chilling out, which menas more BBQs , longer evenings and celebrations with alcohol. As much as I love the vibration and freedom of the season my skin (and yours) and body won’t be too happy with all the imbibing. Keep your skin and digestion in check by reaching for a “healthy beauty drink” and save your skin all summer long.
Spring into Summer Botanical Cocktail- add your favorite spirit to this recipe.
- Add Saint Germain Liqueur . This has warm floral notes of elderflower, a white starry flower that blooms through the spring and summer. In Europe, the flower is used in many foods and drinks. The liqueur compliments with some sweetness to the acidic and slight bitterness of the juices.
- Keeping it clear -Gin or Vodka can be a nice addition and clear liquors in general don’t contain congeners-substances created during fermentation process that can increase the intensity of a hangover.
- Save your skin from dehydration (which can cause premature aging) by choosing clear liquors, botanical and citrus, herbal ingredients.
To almost Summer and Good Vibrations!!